Is it Furnace Replacement Time? Your Furnace is the most important unit in your home’s HVAC system! Is it time for a furnace replacement? Especially in the Edmonton area when temperatures drop to some extreme temperatures, your furnace is a high running heavy duty lifesaver! An inefficient or even worse failed heating system is a true winter nightmare!
Here are some signs it may be time for a furnace replacement:
- Age of your furnace. If your furnace is over 15 years then it’s definitely time to consider a furnace replacement. After 15 years most furnaces have dropped below 80% efficiency.
- Increased hvac repair bills. With an aging furnace comes a higher chance of breakdowns and trouble. The older your furnace gets the more likely it is for major components which are costlier to fail.
- Increasing energy bills? As your furnace ages, it loses its efficiency, especially when not maintained properly. Does your system have a maintenance plan? Were filters changed on a proper cycle?
- Increased noise from your HVAC system.
- Uneven distribution of heat throughout your home.