When purchasing a new air conditioning system, cost can be a major factor in decision-making. The price of a new AC system can vary greatly depending on an array of factors, including the type of system, the size of the unit, and the installation process.
In this article from Legacy Heating, your trusted experts in air conditioning in Calgary and Edmonton will explore how much a new AC system typically costs and some of the factors that can impact the final price tag.
Types of AC Systems
One of the most significant factors influencing the cost of a new AC system is the type of system you choose. Various types of AC systems are available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Here are some popular types of AC systems, along with their typical price ranges:
- Central Air Conditioning: These systems are the most common AC system used in homes and businesses. These systems consist of a large outdoor unit and an indoor unit connected to the ductwork in your home or business. The cost of a central air conditioning system typically ranges from $6,000 to $12,000 or more.
- Ductless Mini-Split Systems: Ductless mini-split systems are an excellent option for homes or businesses that do not have ductwork. These systems consist of one outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, which are mounted on the wall or ceiling. A ductless mini-split system typically ranges from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Window Air Conditioning Units: These AC units are a budget-friendly option for cooling a single room or small space. These units are installed in a window and typically cost between $100 and $600.
Factors That Could Affect the Cost of a New AC System
In addition to the type of AC system that you choose, there are several other factors that can impact the cost of a new AC system. Here are some factors you need to keep in mind:
- Unit Size: The size of your AC unit is among the most critical factors that will impact the cost of your system. A larger unit will cost more than a smaller unit, but it may be necessary to cool your home or business adequately.
- Installation: The installation process can also impact the cost of your new AC system. If your home or business requires extensive ductwork or electrical upgrades, this can add to the overall cost of the installation.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of your AC system can also impact the cost. More efficient systems will typically cost more upfront, but they can save you money in the long run by reducing your energy bills. Considering the long-term savings efficient AC systems offer, it is indeed a good idea for you to invest in such systems.
- Additional Features: Finally, additional features like programmable thermostats, air purifiers, and other advanced features can also impact the cost of your new AC system. As you can expect, the more features there are, the pricier the air conditioning system will be.
Overall, the cost of new air conditioning in Calgary and Edmonton can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. It is essential to carefully consider your options and work with a qualified HVAC professional to determine the best system for your needs and budget. With the right system and installation, you can enjoy reliable and efficient cooling for years to come.
At Legacy, we specialize in the installation and replacement of HVAC systems for residential new home construction (RNC) like furnaces, air conditioners, air cleaners, thermostats, humidifiers, heat recovery ventilation (HRV) units, and unit heaters, as well as other related products. Contact our experts in air conditioning in Calgary and Edmonton for your AC system installation or repair!
HVAC Brands We're Proud to Carry
Legacy only uses the most efficient and cost-effective HVAC products. We pride ourselves on putting quality and customers first! We will equip your new home with the best HVAC system and offer the most reliable residential heating service in Edmonton and Calgary.
Contact Us Today
We’ll help you find the right heating and air conditioning system for you and your budget.