We all know the importance of fresh air and its importance to our health and well-being. However, sometimes the air inside our homes can be just as polluted as the air outside. Poor indoor air quality can cause various health problems, from headaches and fatigue to respiratory problems and even cancer.
Several things can contribute to poor indoor air quality, such as dust, pet dander, mould, cleaning chemicals, and even off-gassing from furniture and carpets. Luckily, there are several easy ways to improve the air quality in your home and create a healthier environment for your family.
Here are four easy indoor air quality hacks that you can do to improve the air in your home:
1. Use an Air Purifier
Air purifiers are an easy and effective way to remove pollutants from the air in your home. They work by drawing in dirty air and passing it through a filter that traps the contaminants. There are various types of air purifiers on the market, so you can choose one that best fits your needs.
There are many benefits to using an air purifier, including:
• Improved air quality
• Reduced allergens
• Reduced dust
• Reduced pet dander
• Reduced smoke
• Reduced VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
2. Open Your Windows
One of the best ways to improve the air quality in your home is to open your windows and let in some fresh air simply. This is especially important if you live in an urban area where air pollution is a problem. If you’re concerned about safety, you can install window screens to keep out insects and other pests.
3. Bring in Some Plants
Plants are not only beautiful, but they can also help to purify the air in your home. They do this by absorbing carbon dioxide and other pollutants and releasing oxygen. Various plants are good for purifying the air, so choose ones that fit your décor and needs.
4. Take Care of Your HVAC System
We all know that the quality of the air we breathe indoors can greatly impact our health.
But did you know that the quality of your home’s HVAC system can also greatly impact your indoor air quality?
Here are some tips to ensure that your HVAC system is helping to improve the quality of your indoor air, not harming it:
- Change Your Air Filters Regularly: This is one of the simplest and most effective ways to improve indoor air quality. It’s important to change your air filters every 1-3 months, depending on your filter type.
- Keep Your HVAC System Clean: Regularly cleaning your HVAC system will help to remove dust, pollen, and other allergens from your indoor air.
- Use a Humidifier: Adding moisture to the air can help to reduce the risk of respiratory infections and other illnesses. Humidifiers provide many other benefits as well, such as less dry air, better on furniture and floors, and much more.
- Keep Your Vents and Registers Clean: Dust and dirt can build up on them, making it harder for your HVAC system to circulate air. Regularly cleaning these areas will help to improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance: Having your HVAC system regularly serviced by a professional at Legacy Heating and cooling will help to ensure that it is running efficiently and not causing any harm to your indoor air quality.
We take indoor air quality for granted – until it’s compromised. Thankfully, you can do several things to improve the quality of your indoor air. By following these simple tips, you can help to improve the air quality in your home and create a healthier environment for your family.
Are you looking for air purifiers or HVAC in Calgary or Edmonton? Legacy Heating got all your needs. We specialize in HVAC systems for residential new home construction and installing and replacing ACs, humidifiers, and more HVAC products. Get in touch with us today!
Contact Us Today
We’ll help you find the right heating and air conditioning system for you and your budget.