After a long winter your air conditioning unit needs a little TLC to get started for the year. It is best to prep you air conditioning unit before the warm weather hits, as you want it to be in perfect condition before you need it to start up for the season.
Here is your to do list to prep your air conditioning unit for the season:
- Clear all dirt, leaves, and other debris from inside your air conditioner’s top grille,
- Trim all nearby shrubs and bushes, allow a minimum of two feet of clearance around the unit
- Replace your air conditioner filter, dirty filters restrict air flow and mean your system can waste energy
- Set your thermostat to cooling mode and run your air conditioner for a few minutes to make sure it’s working
- Schedule an annual checkup to identify any small problems that could turn into big problems later
Need a New Air Conditioner?
If your air conditioning unit needs to be replaced, give us a call. We offer many ENERGY STAR® qualified models and would be happy to quote you on the cost of the unit and the installation. By replacing an old, inefficient central air conditioning unit with a high-efficiency system can reduce cooling costs in some cases up to 20 percent.
Contact Us Today
We’ll help you find the right heating and air conditioning system for you and your budget.